Tell me who your best friends are and I will tell you who you are. If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. It’s better to be alone, than with those who will bring you down.
But if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights. A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses. The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate for the good and the bad.
The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people.
As you grow, your associates will change. Some of your friends will not want you to go on. They will want you to stay where they are. Friends that don’t help you climb will want you to crawl. Your friends will stretch your vision not choke your dream. Those that don’t increase you will eventually decrease you.
- Never receive counsel from unproductive people.
- Never discuss your problems with someone incapable of contributing to the solution, because those who never succeed themselves are always first to tell you how.
- Not everyone has a right to speak into your life.
- You are certain to get the worst of the bargain when you exchange ideas with the wrong person.
- Don’t follow anyone who’s not going anywhere.
- With some people you spend an evening; with other you invest it.
- Be careful where you stop to inquire for directions along the road of life.
- Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right friendships.
- Choose to rise…
- Don’t settle…and go for your dreams!!!!