When you have credibility it is easy to introduce new products and services with built-in demand. When you demonstrate credibility your clients, patients and even prospects are willing to put their faith in you because they see you as an authority. They don’t need to be sold. They buy because they trust you, no convincing necessary.
Here are seven ways to create and show credibility–
- Write down three to five things that are unique about you and your product and/or services. Communicate these things as often as possible to your customers and prospects. Your value and your credibility will increase when you do.
- The more confident you are in your sales presentations, the more people will believe in you. Be sure you have no doubts about what it is you are selling. The presenter is much more important than the presentation.
- Abundance attracts, scarcity repels. Make sure you are speaking from abundance. No one likes to be around people who are down and out. It is a sure way to push people and sales away.
- Be responsible. Don’t blame others. The more responsible you are, the more credibility you will have.
- Be honest and never lie to anyone.
Honesty is at the core of every successful leader.
- Show respect. The more respect you show, the more credibility you will have.
- Follow through on your commitments. If you said you were going to do it, do it. Nothing can destroy credibility faster than not following through on your promises.
Some added bonuse tips–
- People notice shoes. Make sure yours are of high quality, clean, and free of scuffs and mars.
- People notice handshakes. Make sure yours is firm and exudes self esteem.
- Watch your language. Many people find swearing and slang distasteful.