A few years ago, I had the opportunity to hear Ed Zuckerberg, DDS (father of Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook) speak on none other than…Facebook. He spoke to a group of about 200 dental professionals. About half of the crowd raised their hands to say they were currently using Facebook in their practices. With one billion Facebook users now, it makes sense for a practice to have a Facebook page.
In my unofficial poll of some of the attendees after the presentation, I found that the majority learned a lot from his talk. For me, and undoubtedly because this is a service we offer our clients. What my survey made me realize is that many people are not aware of how to use Facebook and how it can be an important marketing tool. But you need to know what to do and have a strategy in place.
Ed Zuckerberg gave the audience “Ten Ways to Grow Your Facebook Page” that I want to share with you. Even though this conference was a few years ago, the tips he gave are still relevant today!
1. Upload photos.
2. Upload a cover photo for your Timeline.
3. Tell your story via your Timeline.
4. Ask your current patients/clients to “Like” you.
5. Encourage your patients/clients to “check-in” when they visit your office.
6. Respond to everyone who posts a comment.
7. Be short, sweet and conversational.
8. Give value to your content.
9. Show your involvement in the community.
10. Integrate Facebook into all your other marketing.
As an additional tip, the power of the Facebook “Like” is huge. The more you can get in front of your patients (and subsequently their friends) all the better for you. From looking at the stats of the clients we do Facebook for, it is truly amazing the reach you can get when you encourage interaction with your Facebook friends.
Is Your Practice Using Facebook Correctly?
If your practice needs help with social media marketing, be sure to contact us today!