97% of consumers search for local businesses online. This makes being found on Google more important than ever.
One place to start is with your FREE Google listing.
In order to claim your listing, your practice must have a physical mailing address and there should be only one listing per physical location.
Here is a step-by-step guide to claiming your free Google My Business listing:
1. Create a Google Gmail account. If you already have one, you can use it, but be sure because it will become the “master account” for your listing.
2. Sign in to your Gmail account and go to maps.google.com
3. Find your listing by name and address by typing it into the search bar. Click on the “Is This Your Business?” link to claim your listing.
4. Your listing will need to be verified. In most cases, this is done instantly over the telephone. In some cases, a postcard will be sent for verification within about two weeks with a code that then gets entered into the listing to complete the process.
5. After you claim your listing, you will want to put as much information as you can and upload as many pictures and video as possible. Optimize your listing to include as many keywords as you can as well.
Is your practice listed correctly on sites such as Google, Yelp, Bing, and Healthgrades?
If you need help cleaning up your online listings across the web, be sure to contact Creativedge Marketing.