Online Reviews: Why You Need Them. How To Get Them.
The Internet has changed the way that consumers travel along their Buying Decision Journey. With so much information at their fingertips, it is easy for consumers to search the Web and find out whatever they may be looking for and especially what people are saying about a business or product. In fact, you have most likely checked out reviews yourself when buying a gift, choosing a restaurant, or selecting a medical practice.
Reviews are readily available everywhere, on Google, Facebook, Healthgrades, Amazon, etc. Specific websites were developed just for reviews like Yelp, Angie’s List, and BBB that also show up in searches.
A recent study by BrightLocal (https://www.brightlocal.com/research/local-consumer-review-survey/) shows that 86% of consumers (including 95% of those aged 18-34) read online reviews when determining the quality of a business or product.
In fact, online reviews are as highly effective as word of mouth marketing (or your internal patient referrals). The reason? 78% of people trust online reviews just as much as word of mouth advertising and accessing online reviews (which are 24/7) has proven to be much easier than talking to family or friends about a company or product. Consider online reviews as your external patient referral system!
Related Article: Your Online Reputation Matters. How Are You Marketing It?
Online reviews are not only important for trust but also for search results.
This happens for a couple of reasons.
- Each review on your site acts as new content on your webpage. Having this new content proves you to be of higher authority and will improve your search results.
- Each of your offsite reviews is an additional asset for Google and other search engines to serve up to consumers, providing an increased chance of them finding you through search. Even more so, if you do well in acquiring and handling online reviews you will increase your chances to appear in Google’s coveted 3-pack.
Now, you may be asking how can I do a better job of attaining reviews.
Below is a list of ways you can attain more reviews and work towards dominating the web.
- Ask your patients to review you online.
- Leave links to your review profiles in places like follow-up emails, newsletters, your website, and social media platforms.
- Incentivize your customers to write reviews (e.g. Drop their name in a one-time drawing for a cool giveaway)
- Comment back on your reviews by either responding to bad reviews or thanking positive reviews.
- THE BEST AND FASTEST WAY TO REVIEWS is an automatic review system. Contact Creativedge Marketing to schedule a 15-minute consultation to learn about our proprietary system that will get you Google and Facebook reviews FAST and EASY.