Online Reviews: Why You Need Them. How To Get Them.
The Internet has changed the way that consumers travel along the Consumer Buying Decision Process. With so much information at their fingertips it is easy for consumers to search the Web and find out what people are saying about a business or product. In fact, you have probably done this yourself when buying a gift, when choosing a restaurant, or when choosing a medical practice. Reviews are readily available on Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Bing, and specific websites have been developed just for reviews like Yelp, FourSqaure, Superpages, Yellowbook, Angie’s List, and BBB that will also show up in searches.
A recent study by BrightLocal shows that 88% of consumers read online reviews when determining the quality of a business or product.
Additionally of those 88%, 72% of those consumers say that online reviews can significantly sway their opinion, or how they view the business or product. In fact, online reviews are now almost as effective as word of mouth marketing. The reason? 88% of people trust online reviews just as much as word of mouth advertising and accessing online reviews has proven to be much easier than talking to family or friends about a company or product. Consider online reviews as your internet “word of mouth”!
Online reviews are not only important for trust but also for search results.
This happens for a couple of reasons.
- Each review on your site acts as new content on your webpage. Having this new content proves you to be of higher authority and will improve your search results.
- Each of your offsite reviews is an additional asset for Google and other search engines to serve up to consumers, providing an increased chance of them finding you through search. Even more so, if you do well in acquiring and handling online reviews you will increase your chances to appear in Google’s coveted 3-pack.
Now, you may be asking how can I do a better job of attaining reviews.
Below is a list of ways you can attain more reviews and work towards dominating the web.
- Ask your customers to review you online.
- Leave links to your review profiles in places like follow-up emails, newsletters, your website, and social media platforms.
- Incentivize your customers to write reviews (e.g. Drop their name in a one-time drawing for a $25 gift card to your business)
- Comment back on your reviews by either responding to bad reviews or thanking positive reviews.
- Contact Creativedge Marketing to schedule a 15-minute consultation about their unique proprietary review system that gets your business reviews fast and easy using mobile technology.