To understand if you are allocating your marketing dollars effectively, you need to be able to measure the campaign’s success.
One easy way to track the success of your advertising dollars is to use a call tracking number.
Whether you are sending out a mailer, running an ad in the newspaper, creating a Facebook ad, or paid search campaign, using a call tracking number is one of the best ways to determine if your ads are successful or if you need to adjust your plan.
When creating advertising campaigns, you obviously want to know how many people responded. There are a number of issues that we have seen dentists face when it comes to using call tracking numbers and measuring the success of a campaign. These include:
- Advertising the main office phone number, which is not tracked
- Using the same call tracking number for multiple ads, which prevents the dentist from knowing which campaign prompted the call
- Working with other companies that send their client a dashboard of numbers that don’t explain in clear terms the outcome of the campaign
There are even some dentists and other professionals that do not think call tracking is important. They may not understand what call tracking actually is and only see it as an expense, not an important tool. If you think that call tracking is not something you need for your practice, you are mistaken.
At Creativedge, we want to make sure the campaigns we create for our clients are generating returns. We will use a specific call tracking number for you, allowing us to determine the success of that campaign.
With a call tracking number, we are able to see:
- How many people called that number
- The quality of the callers
- Where is an individual calling from (for example, are you getting more calls from Facebook ads or mailers?)
- The average length of the call
- If messages were returned to the caller
- The appointments scheduled
This information is then explained to our clients in a way that allows them to understand what the campaign was able to accomplish in terms of return on investment.